cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help identifying differences between these lenses

bennyrodrigues
Apprentice

I plan to get into photography, starting with a "low end" DSLR recommend to me by a friend, the Nikon D3400. I also plan to purchase an all-round lens for portraits, landscapes, architecture, etc. I had just two questions. What's the different between these two lenses other then focal length, price, and design? And do you believe the ~$400 NZD increase for the 16-300mm is worth the cost?

3 REPLIES 3

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

What two lenses? And we generally deal with Canon products here. See the big "Canon" at the top of the page?

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"I also plan to purchase an all-round lens for portraits, landscapes, architecture, etc."

I don't know what you are talking about either but I think you will be better off buying a P&S instead of a DSLR.

"...do you believe the ~$400 NZD increase for the 16-300mm is worth the cost?"

I have no idea what this is either but anything with a 16-300mm zoom range isn't worth ~$4 NZD let alone 400, whatever that is!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

"I also plan to purchase an all-round lens for portraits, landscapes, architecture, etc."

I don't know what you are talking about either but I think you will be better off buying a P&S instead of a DSLR.

"...do you believe the ~$400 NZD increase for the 16-300mm is worth the cost?"

I have no idea what this is either but anything with a 16-300mm zoom range isn't worth ~$4 NZD let alone 400, whatever that is!

I believe NZD = "New Zealand Dollars".

But it's not just you, Ernie. The spell checker doesn't seem to like "Zealand"!

Actually, I wouldn't mind being in NZ just now. It's been ridiculously cold here lately.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements