Canon Community Canon Community

VIP

Re: Need help choosing lenses for 7D Mark II

[ Edited ]

There is something wrong with yours.  Not a good reason to claim it is common to the line.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and several lenses!
Respected Contributor

@ebiggs1 wrote:

There is something wrong with yours.  Not a good reason to claim it is common to the line.

One only has to Google 'Tamron focus problem Canon' to know that yours is the outlier, not mine.

VIP

I knew you were a reader. You stick with google. I'll would rather be a doer.

EB
Honored Contributor

@ebiggs1 wrote:

I knew you were a reader. You stick with google. I'll would rather be a doer.

Everybody in this forum is a reader, pretty much by definition.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Respected Contributor

@RobertTheFat wrote:

Everybody in this forum is a reader, pretty much by definition.

At least those that are open minded enough.

VIP

Bob from Boston,

"Everybody in this forum is a reader, pretty much by definition."

Yes sir, I agree.  But for some that's all they do. Then they give advice on advice they read somewhere.  Which may be from some other review! Who knows?  Never having the real hands on experience.

EB
VIP

"Yes sir, I agree.  But for some that's all they do. Then they give advice on advice they read somewhere.  Which may be from some other review! Who knows?  Never having the real hands on experience." 

You do realize that you're saying that no one should listen to you, but rather gain knowledge through doing.  Right?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."
VIP

"You do realize that you saying that no one should listen to you, but rather gain knowledge through doing.  Right?;

Not at all.  We all learn by reading and by doing.  But if all you do is read about it, how much value is your advice?  Would you go to a doctor that just read medical books or would you prefer one that read and did some hands on experience?

I sincerely try to report on what I have personally done and gear I have personally used. If others like yourself don't take or don't want it, that is fine. It matters little to me but there it is.  It is offered free and that is exactly what it's worth.

EB