cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ND lens filter for EOS Rebel T1i kit

kfRon
Apprentice

I am thinking of buying a neutral density filter lens for my EFS kit bought in December 2010.

I think I need to get a 58mm lens, but there are many sizes for my camera.  Which size should I buy?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mitsubishiman
Rising Star

Hello, I have 2 lenses that have a 58mm ring size,

70-300mm IS USM & 18-55mm

I have 3 different ND filters however I tend to use a CP (Circular Polorizer) more than any other filter, I shoot a lot of moving water shots and utilize the ND 0.3 0.9 & 1.2 filters, but still prefer the F32 and the CP filter, my advice would be to look for a Tiffen kit that has the same three I mentioned, usually arond $45 US on Ebay, my philosophy is to start basic and then spend the money on a filter you like the most, the quality varies from manufacturer to manufacturer as well as the price, you can pick up a CP for $20, which gives you a quasi varible ND effect, you can spend serious money on a variable ND filter, however from what I have seen the effects are incredible.

The size of your filter ring can be found by looking up your lens here

http://camerafilters.net/eos_lenses_camera_filters.htm

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Mitsubishiman
Rising Star

Hello, I have 2 lenses that have a 58mm ring size,

70-300mm IS USM & 18-55mm

I have 3 different ND filters however I tend to use a CP (Circular Polorizer) more than any other filter, I shoot a lot of moving water shots and utilize the ND 0.3 0.9 & 1.2 filters, but still prefer the F32 and the CP filter, my advice would be to look for a Tiffen kit that has the same three I mentioned, usually arond $45 US on Ebay, my philosophy is to start basic and then spend the money on a filter you like the most, the quality varies from manufacturer to manufacturer as well as the price, you can pick up a CP for $20, which gives you a quasi varible ND effect, you can spend serious money on a variable ND filter, however from what I have seen the effects are incredible.

The size of your filter ring can be found by looking up your lens here

http://camerafilters.net/eos_lenses_camera_filters.htm

Thanks for the information.  I'll check it out.

Announcements