cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

My L series 16-35mm F2.8 will autofocus in A+ but not in any other mode does anyone know why? Thx

Petal1007
Apprentice
5d mark iii
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mykolas
Authority

Petal1007,

There are Custom Controls in the camera that change what certain controls do, even the shutter button.  It is very likely a setting was changed.  Please do the following:

1. Press MENU.
  2. Select the [Custom Functions #2] tab.
  3. Select [Custom Controls].
  4. Press the <TRASH CAN> button to cancel all Custom Control settings.
Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Mitsubishiman
Rising Star

I have the same lens, 2 Canon Cameras EOS 40D & 7D

Same result with both cameras, auto focus in auto mode only, manual mode is strange, the lens is locked when I set to auto focus, however does not actually auto focus, I am sincerely hoping that there is an answer for this question.

Results are identical on both cameras, my initial conclusion is that it was designed that way and unsure as to why, I will be watching this thread closely.

So far this is the only disappointment regarding the lens.

Hi, sorry to hear that.......
A bit more info.......
This is the same for all of my L series lenses - 28-70, 70-200, 100mm macro but they do work in Av mode on my 1Ds ???
I'm hoping its a setting..... But I will try and update my Firmware to the latest to see if that helps.....
I will keep you poste

Mykolas
Authority

Petal1007,

There are Custom Controls in the camera that change what certain controls do, even the shutter button.  It is very likely a setting was changed.  Please do the following:

1. Press MENU.
  2. Select the [Custom Functions #2] tab.
  3. Select [Custom Controls].
  4. Press the <TRASH CAN> button to cancel all Custom Control settings.
Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks Mike just seen your reply.........I now have a full working camera......๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„
Announcements