cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My 24-105mm lost its red line..

vinat
Apprentice

Hi!  

I have a 24-105mm lens. since many years ago.  One day I realized that the red line tape around the lens  fell.  

What can I do if I want to sell it?  People ask me why it doesnt have the red line around...

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

cicopo
Elite

Mine did the same thing too. It's a common problem because it's just a thin (in both height & width) piece of plastic which eventually breaks, possibly from shrinkage but maybe from aging too. 

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

I tried to paint red rings around some other lesser lenses to make them better.  I didn't help at all.  The red ring gone missing from your 24-105 will not effect the way your works either.  Smiley Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@vinat wrote:

Hi!  

I have a 24-105mm lens. since many years ago.  One day I realized that the red line tape around the lens  fell.  

What can I do if I want to sell it?  People ask me why it doesnt have the red line around...

Thanks

Tell the buyer the truth. ("Despite what you may have heard, the construction of 'L' lenses is so dodgy that even the red ring falls off!") And let him copy down the serial number; if he really has doubts, he can check it with Canon. And I'd bet there's at least one Web site that lists all the valid serial number ranges.

Or tell him you pulled off the red ring to avoid attracting the attention of potential thieves. You could tell him we all do it.  Smiley Wink

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Thanks for your comment!!   Both suggestions are awesome!

Announcements