cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minimum Focusing Distance - RESOLVED

AllenP
Contributor

OK, stupid question regarding the MFD. We recently purchased a Canon EOS T6 Kit.  I have the 75 - 300mm lens and was looking for MFD or Macro on the barrel of the lense.  I don't see that.  I do see what looks like a flower with 1.5m/4.9ft.  I'm assuming that is the MFD.

THANK YOU ALL.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

MFD is about 5 feet for that lens.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

MFD is about 5 feet for that lens.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Yep.  If 70-300 mkIII

Closest Focusing Distance 1.5m/ 4.9 ft.

Reference

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@AllenP wrote:

OK, stupid question regarding the MFD. We recently purchased a Canon EOS T6 Kit.  I have the 75 - 300mm lens and was looking for MFD or Macro on the barrel of the lense.  I don't see that.  I do see what looks like a flower with 1.5m/4.9ft.  I'm assuming that is the MFD.

You found it.  Photographing flowers is a common use for a macro lens.  I believe your camera has a Basic shooting mode that uses a Flower on the mode dial.  

That shooting mode puts the camera into “Macro” mode, which alters the way it prioritizes exposure settings.  It probably uses narrower aperture settings compared to other Basic modes.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements