Canon Community Canon Community

Frequent Contributor

Re: Low budget lenses for amateurs

@ skirball

At the price I bought it, I already feel I have "got the world"

There is ofcourse no end to higher end lens if money can be spared.

I would prefer to practice more with basic lenses and get the max juice out of them for now before spending more.

Thank you for recommending bang on fit for my budget.

Feeling Happy. 

Respected Contributor

@shumonsaha wrote:

@ skirball

At the price I bought it, I already feel I have "got the world"

There is ofcourse no end to higher end lens if money can be spared.

I would prefer to practice more with basic lenses and get the max juice out of them for now before spending more.

Thank you for recommending bang on fit for my budget.

Feeling Happy. 

It's truly good to hear that, thank you for posting.  The majority of the conversations that are had around here are people that insist they need that absolute top of the line, or really, people that come looking for information on a modest upgrade and leave convinced that they need the absolute top of the line.  It's really nice to hear someone that is happy with what they have and going to go out and make the best use of it they can. 

I'm not at all against the good L glass, but these forums make it sound like it's a requirement to make great images, and it's complete nonsense.  I hope the lens serves you well.

VIP

I'm not at all against the good L glass,it's complete nonsense. ...”

Not really! Optics are not the only consideration in a lens. There are several other factors of which durability is paramount. If I buy a lens and I ware it out or it breaks and I have to replace it how much savings is that? Couple with the fact it will probably let you down at the worse possible moment.

A snap-shooter or even an advanced amateur, OK. Just be sure to take care with your equipment. Not often done in my world.

Everyone has to decide what level of equipment suits them and their budget. But the best in anything rarely comes cheap.

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and several lenses!