cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low Light Wide Angle VS. Art Lens

ScottS
Enthusiast

Could someone share their thoughts on the Canon 16-35mm f/4 lens? I've read rave reviews on several forums and photographer blogs. I'm torn between this lens and the Sigma Art 1.4. I know that they have very different functions. However, is the low light capacity of the 16-35mm f/4 good enough for lower light situations (not pitch black of course)? My shots will be of people inside buildings, beside campfires, in lower light concerts, possibly some street life shots. I have to choose ($$$) between these two for now, for financial reasons.

Really just wanting to hear your uses and results on these two lenses. I'll have to prioritize.

Thanks!

Scott S

21 REPLIES 21

That is not what you said!  You said....

""The image difference between an APS-C sensor and a FF sensor are worlds apart.""

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually, Ernie, that is EXACTLY what I wrote previously, and what I later repeated.  Sorry.

The problem is obvious to me, though..  Above is what I wrote, while just below is what you read:

"The  image quality diffence beteeen an APS-C sensor and a FF sensor are worlds apart."

I use cameras with both types of sensors, BTW.  You're arguing against the math, and easily made observations.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

"I use cameras with both types of sensors, BTW.  You're arguing against the math, and easily made observations."

You are one confused sole.  You need to do some more reading. This is the problem when a person just reads a few articles or reviews on the web.  No matter how you spin it, it isn't true.  Maybe you are using 'new math'.

The fact you use "both" types of sensors is meaningless.  A given sensor can deliver better performance but you can not say, flatly FF beats a APS-C.  This is the same as with a APS-H sensor.  Some will be better some will not.

If you wanted to say a 1Ds MkII bests a Rebel XT, I am all with you for instance.  It is the pixel size.  Not the sensor size.

That is about as simple as I can explain it.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements