Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lenses for the 5DsR

Mitsubishiman
Rising Star

Okay I have a Canon 5DsR

currently using Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM

I recently expanded my budget for a new Lens (Maybe 2)

I have a solid 3K to work with can stretch it to 4K (Barely)

After all of the pros and cons upon the release of the 5Ds models it appears “L” Series is all I should be looking at, I have been described as a “General” Photographer” assuming I prefer darker photography and mainly shoot landscapes and have an affinity for full moons (although waning – no pun intended)

As I progress so will my choices of photographic subjects, I have a 40D & a 7D and will still use them, I do not shoot sports or really any moving objects.

I have reviewed the following, I am looking at trying to swing the first 2, I do utilize a tripod for most of my shots, however I have been doing more off hand, so the lack of the IS in the 24-70 concerns me a bit and although the 300mm or the 400mm is attractive I am hoping for advice from anyone that has utilized the “L” Series with the 5DS or 5DsR.

Of the Lenses I do have only the first 2 are considered marginally acceptable, I apologize for asking what some of you consider something I should be aware of already, however the more reviews I read the more I know it is better to ask.

I have indicated a current price from B & H and I would shop around, I still prefer to buy directly from Canon, just me but I know I am getting the current model, not a year old one on a shelf – modifications are always occurring.

And am I overthinking the f-Stop

http://www.the-digital-picture.com/News/News-Post.aspx?News=15356

5 I am looking at

Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM (B & H $1,799.00)

Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L II IS  USM  (B & H $1,999.00)

Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM   (B & H $1,349.00)

Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM (B & H $1,349.00)

Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM Lens (B & H $2,099.00)

I currently have

Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM

Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM

Canon EF 70‑300mm f/4‑5.6 IS USM

Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM

https://500px.com/mitsubishiman

(my typical subjects)

10 REPLIES 10

"I will be ordering my 2 choices, ..."

Buying these, currently, fantastic lens is the way to go.  But the next best thing for you is shooting RAW, only.  RAW is not just the best way to go, it is the ONLY way to go.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements