cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lense question

arbyone01
Apprentice

will a lense from a Canon 35mm film camera work on a dsl camera?

11 REPLIES 11

@ebiggs1 wrote:

This is why,

"... as Scotty said fitting is way different than worth using. Modern lenses are far better than older lenses, both in Image Quality & AF speed etc."

Have to agree there.  The image quality advancements in today's lenses compared to what was considered great lenses back in the 1980s, before the autofocus lens revolution is striking. Maybe there are a few exceptions out there, but even still, though.

I used to have what I thought were pretty good lenses, and they were for their time.  My favorite had been a Vivitar Series One 70-210mm f/2.8-4.  I have version 3 of the lens for Konica, which I think is the collectible one, and was supposedly the best of that breed.  I sprung for an adapter, eagerly clicked in place, set it on a tripod, and used LiveView to focus on some flowers. 

Wow, was I disappointed.  What a difference three decades have made.  Nothing being sold today could possibly be that bad.  The old Series One makes the 70-300mm lens that came in my Rebel T5 kit look like "L" quality.  It wasn't close to sharp, and had pretty noticeable CA.  You didn't even need to do any pixel peeping to see the differences, either.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

" My favorite had been a Vivitar Series One 70-210mm f/2.8-4"

I had that lens.  It was a good one for sure. Smiley Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements