cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lens switching to manual focus when recording

abb678
Apprentice

I'm using canon 100mm lens and I have the camera on auto focus but when I attach the macro lens it automatically switches to manual focus? Does anyone know why it's doing that? I have a 50mm and this doesn't happen so I think it's an issue with the 100mm. The problem only happens in video mode. It will stay in autofocus mode when taking pictures. 

5 REPLIES 5

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

What are the exact two lenses you have?  They are both Canon brand? If they are not, that is the problem. Use Canon brand lenses.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

abb678
Apprentice
I have a Sony camera body and the other lens (50mm) is Sony as well. I have an adapter for the Canon 100mm lens though.

@abb678 wrote:
I have a Sony camera body and the other lens (50mm) is Sony as well. I have an adapter for the Canon 100mm lens though.

Solutions for issues with Sony camera bodies are rare in a Canon forum.  I suggest that you ask Sony about it.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I would guess your adapter is dodgy, telling the camera that it is a manual focus lens. Which, unless it was a *very* expensive adapter, is probably all it can do.

"I suggest that you ask Sony about it."

Agree, you are on the wrong forum. Canon isn't going to help using a Sony camera even though you are using a Canon lens. There is a reason why people and manufacturers make adapters for Canon lenses. They are the best and biggest line in the world.

Sorry we are of little help. Good luck.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements