cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lens compatibility

ganont6i
Apprentice

HI Folks forgive me if this sounds like stupid question 

I have a Canon Rebel T6i and I am wonder if it is compatible with the following lens.

Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary Lens for Canon EF 

If not what would you guys recommend for shooting video that has strong zoom like filming skylines or people on the street while from above?

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

That is compatible and an excellent choice for a long telephoto.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"If not what would you guys recommend for shooting video that has strong zoom like filming skylines or people on the street while from above?"

Absolutely no clue what to use or how to use it for what you want besides the fact a true video camera would probably due better than any DSLR. The reason fo rmy answer is, if you are buying new today check out the Tamron SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di VC USD G2.  It is ever so slightly a better lens than the Siggy. I have had all the 150-600mm super zooms and the big Tamron is the best one so far.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
A good lens for photography is not always a good lens for video. Smooth focus and aperture adjustment is more important than absolute tack sharpness. Most video is captured at 2 MP of resolution.

I have never tried to use my Sigma 150-600mm C for video. The first thing that comes to mind is how slow the aperture is.

The second thing is that this is a lens you will more than likely want to focus manually. At the longer focal lengths you do not want to try manually refocus while recording.

You may encounter autofocus issues with a less sophisticated body. Focusing is a function of the body, but the long focal lengths will make it more acute. Use a GOOD tripod.
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements