cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lens compatibility for T6i

APhillips599
Apprentice
Will a Promaster Spectrum 7 28-200mm f/3.5-5.3 AF Auto Zoom Macro lens work with my Rebel T6i
9 REPLIES 9

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

If it's a Canon EF mount it will. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

A more appropriate question might by, why?

You have a top of the line camera and you want to know if you can use a bottom rung lens?  I would move on if I were you and don't consider this lens at all.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

A more appropriate question might by, why?

You have a top of the line camera and you want to know if you can use a bottom rung lens?  I would move on if I were you and don't consider this lens at all.

I would agree with that opinion.  You will most likely be disappointed by the image quality of that lens.  The typical Camera Kit lenses probably have better image quality than that old design. 

Also, be aware that your camera needs lenses that are Canon EF mount, and Canon has made more than one type of mount over the decades.  Just because it says "Canon Mount" does not mean the lens will work with your camera.  The two lenses that I just looked at on eBay were Canon FD, designed for film cameras.

Canon_FD_Mount.JPG

What lenses do you currently own?  What is it that you hope to photograph with this particular lens?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

A tip:

It is always better to try and keep your gear more or less even or equal in the quality level.  However, it is almost always best to get the best lenses you possibly can.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

APhillips599
Apprentice
Thank you all for the quick responses. I am beyond new at this. My friends and I are starting to film our hunts. I have a Canon lens now, not sure of all the info but I do know it's 70-200mm. The problem that I have is I can't do close-up interviews while in the tree because my camera arm is on 57 inches from me at a max. So I'm looking for something that can do close ups and also be able to video not more than 100 yards. I'm not trying to spend $2500 on a lens. For right now this is just for fun videos. Again thank you all for the info and help.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Is it a Canon brand 70-200? White lens?

Look into the Canon EF-S 18-55 STM lens. Good for video and inexpensive. Look into refurbished at www.shop.usa.canon.com
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

APhillips599
Apprentice
It's a Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III usm. That's all I know. I never touched a camera until about 3 months ago when I bought this one.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Understood. I change my suggestion to the 18-135 STM lens for general purpose and video with your long zoom for distance work.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

APhillips599
Apprentice
Thank you very much! I'll be looking for one tonight. Again, thank you all.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements