cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lens adapter Sigma to Canon

jayne-lp
Apprentice

Hi all,

I have a Canon T3i and recently bought lens Sigma 24-135mm f/2.8-4.5, but I just realized that it doesn't fit in my camera.

I would like to know if I can easily find an adapter and which one could be. I found one in Amazon, but I'm not sure if works to my camera, because in the description says that is for EOS.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CWXO64E/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1S9OMG83CAC4S

Please help me, if I cannot find an adapter I have to return the lens, and I have just some days to do it.

Thank you.

17 REPLIES 17

As promised here are a couple of images taken on the 400D with the EF 70-300 f/4-5.6 IS USM

It's the edge of winter here and a dull, gun-metal day that sucks the colour out of everything, and I couldn't find a real bird to cooperate and pose for me, but luckily I have this garden thing representing a Tui, perched on our driveway entry post.

All shots taken at ISO400, hand-held - processed in Lightroom to reduce the image size to max 2.5 MB

IMG_0007-1.jpg

150mm f8 1/50 sec

IMG_0011-1.jpg

200mm f8 1/60sec

IMG_0002-1.jpg

115mm f11 1/30sec

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Nice as always. Smiley Happy

I hate adapters so anything that requires an adapter to just fit on my camera is going to get the thumbs down.  Plus that lens is one of the totally manual lenses.  Not necessarily a bad thing but not for the money.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Agree EB...

I am not a fan of adaptors either.  I much prefer to use a lens with the mount for the body make one is using it on.

The last time I used adaptors was way back in the 1980s with Tamrom Adaptall SP lenses for Canon and Nikon mounts, but those were the days of film and there were very few electronics involved.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

"... the 1980s with Tamrom Adaptall SP lenses..."

Ah, yes, some very ancient gray matter was awoke with that. I had one of those. I think everybody did.

EB

IMG_1158 (2).jpgWith reference to the previous post(s) regarding a 'Lens adapter for a Sigma Lens for a Canon Camera'.  I have included a photo I have just taken with a Sigma 400mm f5.6 lens and Canon EOS 400D camera using a  Beschoi CY-EOS lens Adapter.  When the picture was taken it was 8.00pm and the light was becoming subdued.  The Camera was on 1/125th Sec 400ASA Auto white balance f5.6 but displayed f0.0 when the photo was taken.

My previous photo displayed here was not altered or processed in Photoshop but reduced in size to be admitted with my post.

@Jbnot67 wrote:
My previous photo displayed here was not altered or processed in Photoshop but reduced in size to be admitted with my post.

Can I suggest using another method to reduce your image size in MB?  My images are also well in excess of those permitted but I go to Lightroom and reduce the file size in the save process, instead of the image size before saving.  That way we can appreciate the merit of your image more fairly. Smiley Happy

cheers, TREVOR

If you are happy with it, so am I. Smiley Happy

EB
Announcements