cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lens Trouble Canon 24-105 L I

SusannaP
Apprentice

Hi, guys. I'm having some odd trouble with my Canon 24-105 L Lens. I've been getting more "slightly out of focus" images than normal, and I'm an experienced shooter. I've been blaming it on myself, but am beginning to wonder if it's more. On Saturday, I noticed my view through the lens suddenly "went dark" several times and then, popped out of it. I don't know how to describe it other than that. A few minutes later, I started getting an error message about the connections between the lens and camera, which went away if I removed and replaced the lens. Then, suddenly, it was fine again. Any ideas what might be wrong before I have to send this in? I'm right in the middle of my busy wedding season. 

15 REPLIES 15

ralphoto17
Apprentice

I am also having a problem with the 24-105. I get this error message when I take a photo:

"Communication between the camera and lens is faulty. Clean the lens contact."

I watched a video about how to clean the lens contact, and did that with a soft cloth. But I'm still gettin g the same message. 

Help!

Ralph

"I watched a video about how to clean the lens contact, and did that with a soft cloth."

This very rarely works or helps.     You need to call Canon 1 (800) 652-2666

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Problem is very likely failure of the ribbon cable.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

ralphoto17
Apprentice
Is that on the lens itself? Or on the camera? I shoot with a Canon one DX two

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
In the lens.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH