cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lens Question

umiedotre9
Apprentice

I currently own a Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XS with just a Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS. It was given as a gift and I don't know much about cameras.

I'm looking to buy a lens for doing more zoom shots (mostly nature and wildlife), would the a Canon 75-300mm EF Zoom lens be enough? Not looking to spend crazy money as photography is just more of a weekend/hiking hobby. Do I need a lens hood?

Any other recommendations of lens or things I should pick up would be great!

11 REPLIES 11

@Tronhard wrote:
We have been covid free for about 6 weeks and as more NZers return they are subject to a mandatory 14 day isolation during which time they are tested twice. So internally life is pretty normal, but our borders are closed to almost all but citizens and permanent residents.
There is some pressure to open up for the eborder to stimulate the economy, but based on what is happening elsewhere - especially Oz, which we had hopres of forming a bubble with, that is too great a risk for most of us.

I hadn't realized that Australia was backsliding; that's not good to hear.

In the US, of course, we're finally getting used to being the laughingstock of the world and an international pariah. Unfortunately, our anachronistic political system affords us no way out for at least several more months.  Smiley Sad

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Just put the kool-aid down there Robert.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements