Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Just purchased my new EOS R body with 24-105 - Question

OK...after the theft of my old Canon equipment (Body, 5 lenses and Speedlite) I have received insurance money and have purchased my new EOS R body (scheduled to be here on Monday).  Along with the body I got the free EF to EOS RF adapter, and purchased the adapter with control ring.

Here is my question. I am assuming it is probably not good to just throw the 2 ef to eos rf adapters in the camera bag.  Does anyone know of a storage solution for the adapters? I have scoured B&H, Adorama and Amazon, but the closest I come up with is a pouch for a 1.4 teleconverter.  Any other ideas?

Thanks for the tips.  Dave

Frequent Contributor

Re: Just purchased my new EOS R body with 24-105 - Question

[ Edited ]

I would put the rear lens cap and body cap on the adapter and then just store it in one of the bags pockets.  You might also use a large filter pouch.

Respected Contributor

To keep them isolated (adapters, teleconverters) I wrap them in a microfiber cloth and store them together in one of lens pockets.
================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr
Occasional Contributor

Both of my adapters--the one that came with the camera and the one with the control ring that I purchased--came in nice pouches.

Respected Contributor

@Wandalynn wrote:

Both of my adapters--the one that came with the camera and the one with the control ring that I purchased--came in nice pouches.

Mine came in a bubblewrap pouch...too cumbersome.  I've got plenty of leather pouches for the lenses but I don't use them...too lazy to remove them in the field.  I find that microfiber clothes are best.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I like the Zing pouches by tiffen. They are neoprene and a bit thicker than microfiber.