cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III too heavy for the EOS M100 ?

mangurian
Enthusiast

I am thinking of buying this inexpensive used zoom lens and use with my adapter.

There is no tripod mount on this lens.

Is the lens to heavy for me to use the camera tripod mount ?

Has anyone tried any of the EF Zooms on an M100 ?

rapid feedback appreciated as I would like to order soon.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mangurian
Enthusiast

I ended up buying a used Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS Lens  for $80.00 and luckily got a very good one. (The seller had a good rating based on previous camera related sales.)

It is hefty enough to put a lot of strain on the camera when not held correctly.

When not hand held, I use the mount on my adapter.

I am very pleased with all aspects and I am getting very nice shots.

I was surprised by the focus speed and how well the IS works.  This is my first "adapter" lens (with FotioX adapter).
My shaky 77 year old hands have had no problem (although, I admit that I usually used burst mode).

Thanks all for the input.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

This is my first "adapter" lens (with FotioX FotodioX adapter).

I would avoid using the cheapo Fotodiox adapter ($40) & return it asap because they are not as well built as a genuine first-party EF to EF-M adapter & they may cause compatibility issues or errors to appear on your camera.

Not if but when it breaks up in a matter of time, you may not get 1st party service or support. And eventually, you may end up purchasing a new unit. You will regret it. 

Buy & use a genuine Canon EF to EF-M adapter ($200) instead. 

Andrew
Nature Photography Hobbyist / Enthusiast
Canon EOS Rebel T6i

The Fotodiox is working great -good focus/good IS and very good photos.  That's all I can ask.

I can buy 5 of them for the cost of one Canon.  They are not cheaply built (maybe not as well as the Canon), it works very well, and I bet they outlast me (I am 77 years old).

Unlike a lens, it is not a very complicated mechanism and $200 is a price only a pro or a truely dedicated amateur can stomach.  Photography is just one of the many hobbies I enjoy, so I think I made the correct choice.

I did go with a decent Canon lens, because I can see a bad photo immediately.

@mangurian wrote:

The Fotodiox is working great -good focus/good IS and very good photos.  That's all I can ask.

I can buy 5 of them for the cost of one Canon.  They are not cheaply built (maybe not as well as the Canon), it works very well, and I bet they outlast me (I am 77 years old).

Unlike a lens, it is not a very complicated mechanism and $200 is a price only a pro or a truely dedicated amateur can stomach.  Photography is just one of the many hobbies I enjoy, so I think I made the correct choice.

I did go with a decent Canon lens, because I can see a bad photo immediately.

When I bought my M3, the adapter was $50.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements