cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infinity Focus

nilgiri
Apprentice

Hi All,

Last night i was trying to capture milky way and stars for the first time and i read i need to have my focus / lens set to infinity in other lens there was a symbol to represent after chaning it to MF but in all my canon lenses 18-135 STM, 10-16 45 Wide angle and in 50 MM prime i could not set this and i own 70 D. 

It would be really helpful if someone can tell me how we can achive and how to do this in those lenses , i was able to caputure it but it was completely blured and it was messed up.

Thanks in advance.

Vijay

15 REPLIES 15

rajmca05
Contributor
Thank you so much for your inputs. Will definitely look into manual as well as local school options. Frankly speaking I don’t want to invest any thing more for some time, just going through experiments with current ones. I also have a Canon 50mm f1.8 a prime Lens. I found Milky Way is possible with kit lens so exploring possibilities.

Regards
Raj

All depends on what you want and your goal. Smiley Indifferent

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

mtaivalmaa
Apprentice

I purchased an older 60D just to do a full spectrum modifaction on which worked just fine.. but I need to adjust the sensor for focus to infinity as it works fine on the stock 18-55mm lens but my new Samyang 135 F2 can't get focus at infinity .. 

I suspect I need to adjust the 3 sensor screws anyone have any info on how to go about this .. 

Trial and Error.. 

-MIke

Is the samyang using an adapter?

No it is a ED Canon version 

I mean it is a EF mount

Announcements