Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
VIP

Re: Incorrect focusing Canon 5D mrk iv & 70‑200mm f/2.8l is iii usm combination

@JSPhotography wrote:

Hi Rodger,

I had a chance to go out and shoot today with the adjusted lens callobration. Unfortunately its still terribly out of focus, i am a track and field photographer so i photograph fast moving objects, I had the shutterspeed at 800 but still blurry. I attached onto my 5D mrkiii and was perfectly sharp!

I am really lost with this, all my other lenses i tried with both cameras are fine, and the 200mm on the mrkiii is fine, its just the mrkiv with the 200mm is the issue...

James

First and foremost, I would reset and clear out the focus adjustments.  I think entering AFMA settings should be a last resort, not a first option.  Besides, it is all too easy to enter a bad set of adjustments.  It takes a little practice to get it right.

Can you post a sample image that demonstrates the issue?  It would be helpful to know the exposure settings, as well as the camera settings like AF mode, drive mode, active AF point(s), as well as the focal length.  Basically, the EXIF data.

BTW, I shoot track and field, too.  It is a pretty easy sport to shoot.

6AABC922-C781-49B8-918E-4DA880216530.jpeg

I had been hoping to see this young lady at the Tokyo Summer Games this year.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Incorrect focusing Canon 5D mrk iv & 70‑200mm f/2.8l is iii usm combination

Here is a very easy video to follow https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnywVqecJNI

Good luck!