cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to add lens profiles to lightroom6. How should I proceed. MP-E 65, TS-E 24mm, TS-E 90mm?

pwilliot
Apprentice

In Lightroom 6 one can chose a lens profile correction.  Unfortunately, I have 3 lenses that do not have a pre-set lens correction.  These lenses are the Macro MP-E 65, the original version of the TS-E 24mm and the TS-E 90 mm.

Once one get these profiles, how to add these to the list?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

You can use the free Adobe Lens Profile Creator Tool to create lens profiles for less common lenses to work in Lightroom and Photoshop/ACR?

If Adobe doesn't have them already, this is the only way to get a profile.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

View solution in original post

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

Adobe's latest update added a lens profile for the Canon MP-E 65mm.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

Lens correction can't (easily) be applied to anything shot with a tilt-shift lens.

Unlike a normal lens where the optical axis of the lens is in the very center of the image, a tilt-shift lens projects a much larger image circle into the camera body... because when you either tilt it or shift it (or both) the image still needs to fill the sensor.  And since the lens adjustments are done manually, there's no information in the image meta-data as to how the lens was adjusted. 

Tilt-shift lenses are already applying their own perspective distortion corrections (that's the point of the "shift" adjustment).  So there would be no need of that.  The only correction that really could be applied is correction to CA -- but that would be very difficult to do on a tilt-shift lens.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

You can use the free Adobe Lens Profile Creator Tool to create lens profiles for less common lenses to work in Lightroom and Photoshop/ACR?

If Adobe doesn't have them already, this is the only way to get a profile.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thanks,

Pierre

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

Adobe's latest update added a lens profile for the Canon MP-E 65mm.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

pwilliot
Apprentice
Great. Thanks.
Announcements