cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just received a 10-22mm lens to use on my Ti2. it won't autofocus

sudsalum
Apprentice

New 10-22 lens won"t autofocus. I tried my three other lenses in my bag and they all worked fine. I tried cleaning the contacts and made sure the lens was all the way on. Any suggestions? Oh, and I fully charged the battery so that's not it.

3 REPLIES 3

@sudsalum wrote:

New 10-22 lens won"t autofocus. I tried my three other lenses in my bag and they all worked fine. I tried cleaning the contacts and made sure the lens was all the way on. Any suggestions? Oh, and I fully charged the battery so that's not it.

And you checked the AF/MF switch, right?  Smiley Wink

As it happens, I didn't, at an important shoot earlier this year, which is why I dare to bring it up. I'm not trying to insult your intelligence, just to cover all bases.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

I've done that before. Very puzzling until you figure it out.

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

" I tried cleaning the contacts ..."

That rarely works.  Especially if you change the lens a few times.  They tend to clean themselves.  Can you return it?  If, yes, do so.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements