cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a rebelT5 the 75-300mm zoom will not zoom correctly, it catches or won't zoom at all?

LoriB11
Contributor

I have a rebelT5, the 75-300mm  zoom lens will not zoom correctly, it catches or won't zoom at all, the 18-55 lens zooms fine (nice and smooth) Am I missing something ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Is there a zoom lock? I know there is one on the 70-300.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

LoriB11
Contributor
Thanks everyone, I feel it is the lens but I wanted to make sure.

"I feel it is the lens but I wanted to make sure."

Was it dropped? Or did you get it wet?  Neither usually have good out comes.  This is a fairly fragile lens and must be treated as such.

Is it this lens, Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III Lens?

If it is faulty it is probably no worth the cost to repair it.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

The lens has never been dropped or wet, it is a 75-300mm 1:4-5.6 lens, the lens never zoomed smooth from the day I received it, I just assumed that was how it functioned but it has progressively become harder to zoom, now it will stop and get real hard to zoom, the 18-55 mm lens functions fine on the camera, zooms super smooth. I do feel it is a faulty lens.

LoriB,

I am afraid you are right.  It is a faulty lens.

I would call Canon.  I don't know if they will do anything but Canon is a wonderful company to deal with if you have problems with their gear.  Sometimes, like anybody, you can get a person that isn't very helpful so hang up and call back.  It just might be worth your time to do so.

Explain it just like you did to me.  Good luck.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements