cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to perform hyper focus with Canon EF 11~24mm F4 L USM ?

Dianoban
Enthusiast

I have been using Sony a7II and many vintage primes for shooting landscapes.  Recently, I interested in Canon EF 11~24mm F4 L USM, attracted by its abilities of the ultra-wide abiltities.  I have a very serious problem.  I do not know how to set the lens for hyper focusing when I shoot land scapes.

How to perform hyper focus when shoot landscapes with Canon EF 11~24mm F4 L USM, please ?

Thanks.

Dianoban

12 REPLIES 12

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

And, at f8 or f11 or f16 just mounting it on a camera will put everything in focus!  Especially at the 11mm side but seriously this is a super easy lens to focus.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

And, at f8 or f11 or f16 just mounting it on a camera will put everything in focus!  Especially at the 11mm side but seriously this is a super easy lens to focus.

Thank you.

Yes.  This is what I have assumed, based on the experience of using my 20mm lens.  But I feel uneasy because there is no hyper focal marks to rely on.  

Appreciate.

Dianoban

mariah1902
Contributor
Pick a wide angle lens and find out the distance that enables the maximum focus. You cannot hyper focus an object that is very far away from you. So find out the distance that your lens allows you to do hyper focus.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements