Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: How to losoen tripod mount nut on my canon lens

The moral of the story was, the screw costs 24 cents, and the shipping cost $7. How on earth do you justify for the $7 shipping cost? I am curious how big a bag or box the screw is being shipped in?

Highlighted
VIP

@limvo05 wrote:

The moral of the story was, the screw costs 24 cents, and the shipping cost $7. How on earth do you justify for the $7 shipping cost? I am curious how big a bag or box the screw is being shipped in?

Are you serious?  This is what happened.  

Mr. Scott reported that the transporters were down.  So, they had to hire someone to bring it to you.  That person had to stop off, and fill their gas tank.  Someone had to pay for the vehicle the person used.  Someone had to register and insure the vehicle, too.  

I forgot to mention that they had to pay someone to purchase the screw.  Pay someone to stock the part on a shelf.  Pay someone to pull it off the shelf. Pay someone to box it up, and put postage on it.

Oh, yeah.  They had to pay someone to process your order payment   Thank-you, come again!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@limvo05 wrote:

You justify if by considering how much time and gasoline you would expend in going out and buying it locally. The 24¢ price of the screw is irrelevant. It might be in your interest to pay the $7 shipping charge, even if the screw were free.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Highlighted
VIP

I agree it is ridiculous. 7 bucks to drop a screw in a mailing envelope is outrageous. It is probably an arbitrary minimum change. I garrantee it goes higher on bigger orders
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and several lenses!