cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to losoen tripod mount nut on my canon lens

limvo05
Rising Star

All,

I was wondering if anyone here ran into this issue before, and if so what did you do to get out it of it?

I accidentally tighten the tripod mount nut on my canon lens too tight now, now I can't even get it to loosen.

Thanks.

13 REPLIES 13

The moral of the story was, the screw costs 24 cents, and the shipping cost $7. How on earth do you justify for the $7 shipping cost? I am curious how big a bag or box the screw is being shipped in?

@limvo05 wrote:

The moral of the story was, the screw costs 24 cents, and the shipping cost $7. How on earth do you justify for the $7 shipping cost? I am curious how big a bag or box the screw is being shipped in?

Are you serious?  This is what happened.  

Mr. Scott reported that the transporters were down.  So, they had to hire someone to bring it to you.  That person had to stop off, and fill their gas tank.  Someone had to pay for the vehicle the person used.  Someone had to register and insure the vehicle, too.  

I forgot to mention that they had to pay someone to purchase the screw.  Pay someone to stock the part on a shelf.  Pay someone to pull it off the shelf. Pay someone to box it up, and put postage on it.

Oh, yeah.  They had to pay someone to process your order payment   Thank-you, come again!

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@limvo05 wrote:

You justify if by considering how much time and gasoline you would expend in going out and buying it locally. The 24¢ price of the screw is irrelevant. It might be in your interest to pay the $7 shipping charge, even if the screw were free.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend
I agree it is ridiculous. 7 bucks to drop a screw in a mailing envelope is outrageous. It is probably an arbitrary minimum change. I garrantee it goes higher on bigger orders
EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements