Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Going on vacation - which lenses/accessories to bring, which to stay at home

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

Some additional thoughts based on my experience - I was on Viking cruises.

You don't need to carry your camera bag around during the off-ship walks. The 16-35 and 24-70 would cover verything you would experience in the towns. A small bellybag can hold the second lens, cards, etc.

I figured I'd only take the camera and one or two lenses with me on the excursions. I'm not familiar with the "bellybag". Do you have a link for one so I can see what you're  referring to?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Going on vacation - which lenses/accessories to bring, which to stay at home

Hi. Enjoy your trip.

They're called belly bags or butt bags (whether you wear on front or back Smiley Happy)

Men-Women-Canvas-Fanny-Waist-Pack-Pouch-Travel-Bum-Hip-font-b-Belly-b-font-Multi.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LR Classic
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

Hi. Enjoy your trip.

They're called belly bags or butt bags (whether you wear on front or back Smiley Happy)

Men-Women-Canvas-Fanny-Waist-Pack-Pouch-Travel-Bum-Hip-font-b-Belly-b-font-Multi.jpg

Oh! Fanny pack. I have a backpack, but it would be nice to have one of those when all I need for it to carry is one extra lens and maybe an extra battery.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

In crowded tourist situations I wear in front because of pickpocket concerns. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LR Classic
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

Definitely a good idea. I also have a case from another lens. I can always put a strap on this one or attach using my belt and the belt loop on the caseLZ1326_1_xl.jpg

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

I second that, but there's still a concern, When you wear the bag in the front, it's held on by a single latch in the back. If the pickpotet releases the latch, the bag will probably drop, and he may be off with it before you can react. So care is required, no matter what.

I wonder whether The Authorities will now look askance at such bags. They might fear that the wearer is a suicide bomber.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA