cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Focusing Problem 70-200mm

Lindall
Contributor

Recently my 70-200mm lens  has had an issue with focusing on the right hand side. Photos come out like it has motion blur, and I can see it through the lens. Photo is attached to show what is happening (girl in purple). Any ideas on why? And if I can fix it?

Using an EOS 5Ds which is about a year old.1A0A7015.jpg

6 REPLIES 6

Was the lens dropped? That sort of result can occur if a lens element is knocjed out of alignment.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

No, not think I can think of anyway. Fixable or is it wishful thinking?

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

An ef 70-200mm f? is always worth repairing.  It is a real Canon 70-200mm ?  Otherwise maybe not.

First you have another lens to try?  It does not show the same symptoms?  This will confirm it is the lens at fault and not the camera.  It appears to me to be a camera problem over a lens one.  Especially if there was no damage to the lens.  Like dropping it?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

It's an L series so I'd really like to save it! 

As a coincidence (or not?) my 100-400mm, also L series, has taken to shuddering at random times, but my 24-105mm is perfectly fine. But shuddering I mean really fast for a sec or so, just when I go to focus.

Think I might talk to my camera servicer and see what she thinks. Thanks for the help guys!

"...my 100-400mm, also L series, has taken to shuddering at random times..."

This is probably the IS doing its thing.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

"...my 100-400mm, also L series, has taken to shuddering at random times..."

This is probably the IS doing its thing.

Or the lens trying to achieve focus in low light.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements