cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Focus Ring Rotating only in One Side + Dioptric Wheel Stuck

racker5d
Apprentice

Hi guys! This is my First time posting here 🙂 I hope someone can help me

I am facing an issue with my lense where it is only rotating on one side while focusing.. Can someone tell me a fix?

Plus I will also add, about my Dioptric Wheel (Adjustment Wheel near the Viewfinder), it is kinda stuck. and Can't adjust anymore... how to fix it too? 

Plus if i can also add (Last one), how can i replace the rubber covers in the port in 600d? because i just bought an replacemant parts on Ebay.

I hope someone can help me, I am a First Time Canon User 🙂

5 REPLIES 5

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@racker5d wrote:

Hi guys! This is my First time posting here 🙂 I hope someone can help me

I am facing an issue with my lense where it is only rotating on one side while focusing.. Can someone tell me a fix?

Plus I will also add, about my Dioptric Wheel (Adjustment Wheel near the Viewfinder), it is kinda stuck. and Can't adjust anymore... how to fix it too? 

Plus if i can also add (Last one), how can i replace the rubber covers in the port in 600d? because i just bought an replacemant parts on Ebay.

I hope someone can help me, I am a First Time Canon User 🙂

Did you drop or bang that part of your camera?

The rubber eyecup just slides on and off.

Sounds like you need to replace the diopter too. Which given your questioning of how to replace the eyecup, you should probably leave that to a camera repair shop. 

@TTMartin wrote:

@racker5d wrote:

Not the eyecup, the port cover. Since I never want mine to come off, I have no idea how to install it.

@kvbarkley wrote:

@TTMartin wrote:

@racker5d wrote:

Not the eyecup, the port cover. Since I never want mine to come off, I have no idea how to install it.

???

He asked about

"how can i replace the rubber covers in the port in 600d?"

Not the eyecup.

Just pull the old port covers off. They have a long piece that inserts into a hole on the camra body.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements