Canon Community Canon Community

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Focal Length problem with EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II USM - shows up as 267mm

I do as well.

I don't recall what its display showed when mounted on my T6s.  (maybe it showed 480)  EXIF data does display 300mm everywhere else.  DPP and PLE.  I don't use Lr.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA
~6D2(v1.1.0) ~Many Lenses ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~Windows10 Pro ~EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 Ultra ~Pixma Pro-100 ~ImageClass MF644Cdw ~LBP622dw
Esteemed Contributor

I don't show the 35mm eq focal length display very often, I don't see it as useful. The default is the distance/DOF marker display, which is what you usually see.

I wish they would put on a Hyperfocal distance display.

VIP

@MickKazik wrote:

Long story short, all we established is that the lens is faulty and should be returned. I would've hoped Canon Community would be able to shed some light with regards to potential cause of this issue / repair options. This is purely my curiosity at this stage. 

Anyway, thanks again for your contribution and I wish you all the best

If you expected someone to tell you "this is how you fix it", then that is an unrealistic expectation.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."