cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Favorite Lens?

Monica
Enthusiast

What is your favorite Canon lens to photograph with, and why?

66 REPLIES 66

EdPorter
Apprentice

MP-e65

Klystron
Apprentice

This has to be the 300mm F2.8 IS. As I use it for a number of sports events.

Harv
Contributor

I have a reasonable lineup of 'L' lenses that I use on a 1D Mark IV.  There are two lenses in the lineup that you would have to pry from my cold dead hands and it's tough to pick one over the other.  They are the 70-200 f/2.8L IS II and the 300 f/2.8L IS.

I probably shoot 30,000+ Motocross images per season and the 70-200 is pretty much glued to the camera, with the 300 being mounted for when I need the additional reach or want more compression in a shot.  95%+ of my images are shot with the 70-200.  If I do my job, it never misses.  The images are incredibly sharp with wonderful colour and contrast.  My keeper rate borders on unbelievable.

RexGig
Enthusiast

This is quite difficult to answer, so I will go with my most useful, on both full and cropped frames, my 100mm Macro 2.8L. 

2n10
Contributor

It would be my EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8.  Very sharp and pretty versitile.

joshhuntnm
Contributor

24 - 105. Sharp and a great all around focal length. 

jfo
Rising Star

Not the most practical/walkaround-able lens for most people, but I LOVE my 8-15mm f/4 L!  

Ray
Apprentice

Mine would have to be the TS-E 24mm f/3.5 L II Tilt-Shift... it is tack sharp even when used as a prime.... is so versatile for doing landscapes with the dof and focus placement using the tilt function ....and most of all is great for doing panorama's using the shift function.

I would not leave home without it.

Walk around lens: 18/135IS

Nature: 70/300L sharper than my 70/200ƒ4!and find s sharp and more useful than my 100 macro for butterflies!

Birds in Flight:  400L f5.6

For my portraiture shots, always my EF 70-200 f4 IS lens.

Look me up:
Benedict Laig
Announcements