cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Favorite Lens?

Monica
Enthusiast

What is your favorite Canon lens to photograph with, and why?

66 REPLIES 66

Dexy
Apprentice

Hmm where do i start. 24-70, 135 or my 70-200 f/2.8 is II. 

For me then135 is just incredible as a prime, but the 70-200 is my newest purchase so ill go With that until my next purchase. 

3ric
Apprentice

Well I only have two lenses, so, aside from the kit lens, I like my 18-200 f/3.5-5.6.

fotodik
Apprentice

For me it's the 24mm TSE II.  This lens never dissapoints me and 

makes me look good.  I hope Canon makes a new 45 that's equally

sharp and good build.

Oh no - if they make that 45, then I have to buy it... Smiley Surprised

@fotodik wrote:

For me it's the 24mm TSE II.  This lens never dissapoints me and 

makes me look good.  I hope Canon makes a new 45 that's equally

sharp and good build.

Steve
EOS 5D MKIII

Canon 200/1.8L .... no doubt

Well I would have to say my favourite lens has to be the 300mm f/2.8L IS USM as I have wanted one since my T90 days when I used to hire one!

There is something about the pictures taken with this lens stuck on the end of a 5D that just rocks!

-=Glyn=-

I can't believe no-one up until now has even mentioned it...it has the reputation of being the sharpest, fastest lens in the Canon stable!

And now that I have mentioned it I see two posts below that also pay homage to this terrific lens...

tagnal
Contributor

+1 for the 135L.  The images it produces has a special look to them that I just love.

Stoneysnapper
Contributor

Not sure I have a single one but;

Landscape 16-35II

Sports 70-200 F2.8 IS II

Portrait 85 F1.2

I've not had the 85mm for long but I think if pushed I would plump for it, just wish it had IS but the images it renders with my 1Dx are just beautiful.

jfinn
Apprentice

I'm no different than most in that it's hard to pick one but recently I've been using my 24-70 2.8L more than the others so now it's my favorite.  But I also love the 50 1.2L because it makes me be more creative to get the shot I want.

ratan
Enthusiast

I am a Nikon shooter but recently was very impressed with the EOS Canon 1DX, so I bought one. I would really like to say my favorite lens is the EF 200 f/2L IS USM but I don't own one. I own the EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II and the EF 35mm f/1.4L USM but use the 35mm more since it makes me think of the framing more

I like DSLRs and a Gear Whore.

Canon:
Canon EOS 1Dx, EF 35mm f/1.4L USM, EF 50mm f/1.2L USM, EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM IS II, EF 200mm f/2.0L IS USM

Nikon:
Nikon D4, Nikon D800, Carl Zeiss Compact Prime CP.2 Super Speed 50mm T/1.5, Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED, Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED, Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II, Nikkor 300mm f/2.8G ED VR II
Announcements