cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F00

Dallas31779
Apprentice

My new R5 just arrived.  I had to buy Vello adaptor as the Canon brand was out of stock.  I put my 24-70L on the new camera, everything works great.  I them tried my 70-200L, I get an F00 for my apature.  I put this lens back on my 5d iii and it works great on it.  I cleaned the contacts, remove the battery for several minutes.  Anyone have any other suggestions?

9 REPLIES 9

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Throw away the adapter?

So you think the adapter is the problem?  It works fine with other lenses.

What else could it be? You might see if there is a firmware update for the adapter. I think it has to respond differently depending on the lens attached.

That makes sense.  Im going to return it and see if I can find a canon adaptor.  I cant afford to buy all new lenses right now.

"... see if I can find a canon adaptor."

1+ Smiley Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@Dallas31779 wrote:

That makes sense.  Im going to return it and see if I can find a canon adaptor.  I cant afford to buy all new lenses right now.

I know the feeling. I laid off buying the R6 until I could get the ring type adapter for my EF lenses. If you can afford it, spring for the ring adapter. It puts a lot of control at your fingertips. No one had one for the longest time, then Canon suddenly had one in their store and I pressed BUY quick and in a hurry 🙂

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

"So you think the adapter is the problem?"

Yes!

EB

@Dallas31779 wrote:

So you think the adapter is the problem?  It works fine with other lenses.

Yeah, it sounds like the adapter.  If you can get the Canon mount adapter then do it.  

Vello usually makes pretty good gear.  I would contact them about it. Remember, this is a mount adapter, which means it stays on the camera body, unlike a lens adapter that stays on the lens.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

" I cleaned the contacts, ..."

This seldom to never works or helps.  You can in fact damage the contacts if done incorrectly.

EB
Announcements