cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EF and EF-S lenses

Illine
Apprentice
I have a Canon Rebel XT currently. I just purchased online a T6... will the 70-300 IS EF lens that I use on my XT work on my new T6? Or do I have to use an EF-S lens?
15 REPLIES 15

cicopo
Elite

It will fit & work correctly.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"The lens will work but will have an equivlent focal length of 112-480."

The ef 70-300mil will perfrom exactly like it does on, "I have a Canon Rebel XT currently."

However, any of the newer ef-s lenses that have the letters "STM" in their name will perform much better.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

This forum is great at deleting posts........... make a spelling correction and whammo... post is gone. 

Illine,

One thing to keep in mind.  The lens will work but will have an equivlent focal length of 112-480.  Here are 3 snaps I took with an EF 70-300 f4 USM II, body was a T6s.  Overcast day.  They are from a park 15 min from my house.  The lens does provide additional reach on a crop body.  I like it alot more on my FF.  I bought this lens for travel, as my APS-C 17-70 was great for walking around, but didn't get me close enough for distant subjects.  I couldn't carry a full size zoom...  this works well.  It's got reach but is lighter and more compact as far as a zoom goes.  You will need a lens with shorter focal length and wider FOV for everyday walking around photos.

IMG_0622.JPG

IMG_0620.JPG

IMG_0628.JPG

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

"This forum is great at deleting posts........... make a spelling correction and whammo... post is gone."

That has never happened to me and I am the world's worst speller.  I suspect it is something you did and not the forum.

EB

I agree I'm far from perfect..  but what I do for a living and the fact that I post on nine now 10 support forums fairly regularly makes that hard to believe from my standpoint.  But hey...  just here to enjoy myself.  Great pics in your albums BTW!

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

"...just here to enjoy mysel"    Smiley Very Happy

All in for that !

EB

Don't feel too bad. I got a notice there were replies but when I clicked to see them I was told I wasn't allowed. I didn't have permission or something like that. No idea what that's about.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

" I got a notice there were replies but when I clicked to see them I was told I wasn't allowed. I didn't have permission or something like that. No idea what that's about."

Post was deleted by the author after they posted it and the notice was sent.

EB

ebiggs1 wrote:

"This forum is great at deleting posts........... make a spelling correction and whammo... post is gone."

That has never happened to me and I am the world's worst speller.  I suspect it is something you did and not the forum.

It has happened to me once. It was a couple of years ago, and I don't remember that much about it, but I do recall being convinced that there is an obscure bug in the posting software.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements