cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EF and EF-S lenses

Illine
Apprentice
I have a Canon Rebel XT currently. I just purchased online a T6... will the 70-300 IS EF lens that I use on my XT work on my new T6? Or do I have to use an EF-S lens?
15 REPLIES 15

"It has happened to me once. It was a couple of years ago, and I don't remember that much about it, but I do recall being convinced that there is an obscure bug in the posting software."

Well with 10,000+ posts between us and it happened only once to you.  None to me.  I don't see it as a significant bug.  Diffidently the definition of 'obscure'.  

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend
Yes. There is. I've figured it out. If you make multiple repetitive edits to a post, say more than 3 in a 60sec period, there is a good chance your edits will display with a " your post was edited successfully" message, but when you refresh the page or go back to the top level of a section, your entire post will be gone. Moral of the story I need to proofread better before I post.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

@shadowsports wrote:
Yes. There is. I've figured it out. If you make multiple repetitive edits to a post, say more than 3 in a 60sec period, there is a good chance your edits will display with a " your post was edited successfully" message, but when you refresh the page or go back to the top level of a section, your entire post will be gone. Moral of the story I need to proofread better before I post.

I don't think that can be the whole story. When it happened to me, I wasn't doing fast, repetitive editing.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

@RobertTheFat wrote:

@shadowsports wrote:

I don't think that can be the whole story. When it happened to me, I wasn't doing fast, repetitive editing.

Moderators have been known to move threads, from one topic to another.  If they move a thread while you are in the middle of an edit, then your reply is linked to a non-existent thread.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Something weird for me is typing like stuttering. Probably something about my thumb-work but I get echos/stutters.  But it doesn't happen to me in other sites.  

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

The board has an auto save feature.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements