cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM No Image

CDC
Contributor

Canon 70D works fine with other lenses, but with the EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM only a very blurry image.  Can see and takes pictures of objects at about 1 inch distance but anything farther apart is blurry.  Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

" If I 'screw' the .43x wide angle comverter w/macro, then I am able to see the image."

OK slowly now, is there anything screwed onto the front of the lens? Anything?  Remove any and all whatevers from the front of the lens.  Is there anything attached to the back of the lens?  Remove it too. You should have just the lens no add ons, no filters, no lenses. Nothing but the EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM itself.

Reset your camera to factory.  Menus, tools, clear all settings and clear all custom settings.

Now mount it to your camera and try it. Lens switch in the AF position. Camera in P mode on the dial. ISO 200. One shot mode. Do not use Ai-servo. Go outside on a nice sunny day and take several shots of various subjects.  Maybe a nice park.  If it works, it works and there is nothing wrong with your gear.  If it does not work the lens is faulty. Replace it.

Do the test exactly as I have stated it.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

" If I 'screw' the .43x wide angle comverter w/macro,..."

If you routinely screw on attachments or filters or lenses to the front of your lens you can break it.  Especially if these absolutely unnecessary things are heavy. If you bought a camera package deal with all sorts of gadgets, throw them all away, today.  In the trash they go.

EB

Thanks for all your input and patience.  Issue resolved.  There was a macro filter 'screwed' to the lens.  I am taking your advice and getting rid of all of them.  

Smiley Happy

EB

Nothing happens when I adjust the focus ring.  There is a white blurry image that seems like it is adjusting, but it never does properly to the point that a clear image can be seen.

Announcements