cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EF-M 18-150 profile

DumpTrump
Contributor

Is a lens profile correction for the EF-M 18-150 available for photoshop?

12 REPLIES 12

@DumpTrump wrote:

Are you offering to do it? You obviously enjoy tinkering and seem to have a lot of time on your hands.

Seriously, there is a switch in the software on the camera to enable lens correction. Do you know what this does? One guess is that it applies the correction to jpegs, but not to raw files, but I am not sure if that is correct. Amazingly little information in the "manual". Does it also apply the correction to raw files? Pros and cons of applying in camera vs in post processing?

Thanks.

---------------------------

I suggest that you experiment and take some test shots, to answer your questions.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Two things.  Are you a person that likes having others do your work for you?  Secondly I neither own nor have the desire to obtain the lens in question. So, it would be impossible for me to do it.

Although retired for 15 years now I still maintain a fairly active professional photography career. Seems I just can't let it go. Gotta keep my finger in it!

However, there is another way that is even easier. You can make a preset in LR.  A pseudo lens correction for sure but will do most of the time.  Not nearly as difficult as building an Oldsmobile. More like changing a tire.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

Two things.  Are you a person that likes having others do your work for you?  Secondly I neither own nor have the desire to obtain the lens in question. So, it would be impossible for me to do it.

Although retired for 15 years now I still maintain a fairly active professional photography career. Seems I just can't let it go. Gotta keep my finger in it!

However, there is another way that is even easier. You can make a preset in LR.  A pseudo lens correction for sure but will do most of the time.  Not nearly as difficult as building an Oldsmobile. More like changing a tire.

Or, you can simply use a another lens, which is similar to the 18-150mm, especially at the short end.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements