cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EF 70-200mm lens issue / twitching

JSPhotography
Contributor

Hi There,

I was wondering if anyone could help me please?

I recently attached my Canon EF 70-200mm USM II 2.8L lense to my Canon 5D Mrk III camera. I attached it and it started to make a clicking sound, and when you looked through the view finder it would be jumping up and down, i also noticed it was going inbetween F.stops. It had nothing to do with the camera, as my standard lens was working fine.

Anyone had the same issues? If yes, than how was it resolved?

Thanks in advance

James

6 REPLIES 6

Is this the first time you've used this lens, or just the first time it's exhibited this behavior? Is it the "IS" version of the lesn? Did you get it new or used? Are you able to take pictures with it? If so, with what result?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Hi Bob,

Its just over 2 years old now, and yes its the first time this has happened. Yes is the IS version, i did get it new, i am able to take pictures, but they are blurry as the glass keeps moving.

James

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Failing IS.  It needs service.  Call Canon service.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

OK thanks ebiggs1, i will see if i can get booked in, would you know a rough cost for the rectification?

@JSPhotography wrote:

OK thanks ebiggs1, i will see if i can get booked in, would you know a rough cost for the rectification?

Canon will typically give you quote within a week.  It take a bit longer around holidays, when sales volume is peaking.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

"... would you know a rough cost for the rectification?"

I don't but Canon may have a flat rate.  Because they will go through the lens and make it perfect.  They will give you a warranty on their work, too.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements