Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS III USM - minimally used

First post to this board.  HELP!!!! I have the EF 70-200 mm f/2/8L IS III USM lens, purchased 7/2019. When I say it is minimally used, probably used not more that 8-10 times.  It has not been mishandled whatsoever!  Something has happened and it is not auto focusing.  I put in the repair for an estimate and it was right around $400.00.  Before I send it in, I thought I might get some suggestions as to what might have occurred to cause this.  And is there anything I might check on the lens or in camera. Nothing appears to be wrong with the lens settings.  Suggestions please!! Smiley Sad

Frequent Contributor

Re: EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS III USM - minimally used

Welcome!

There's an  "AF-MF" switch on the lens. Since you have not mentioned about it, could I presume it's set on AF ?

Forum Elite

"...could I presume it's set on AF ?"

Yes because the OP  said,... "Nothing appears to be wrong with the lens settings."

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and several lenses!
VIP

Okay, if the lens switches are good, then I assume that means both AF/MF and focus limiter switch are good.

What about other lenses?  Can you auto focus with other lenses, too?  Is the camera set for BBF?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."