cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EF 50mm f/1.8 too tight on mount

nitnair
Apprentice
I recently bought a EF 50mm f/1.8 STM for my D700. But it seems a bit tight on my camera mount. Is there something to worry?
4 REPLIES 4

nitnair
Apprentice
Sorry 700D

I have heard of ef 50mil 1.8's having mount issues so call Canon support.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

diverhank
Authority

@nitnair wrote:
I recently bought a EF 50mm f/1.8 STM for my D700. But it seems a bit tight on my camera mount. Is there something to worry?

How hard is it to remove?  If you can remove the lens by hand, I wouldn't worry about it.  It's just the manufacturing tolerance.  Personally I like my lens a bit tight.  Some of my lenses fit too loosely on the camera.

Unlike the older non STM, this lens has a metal mount so it should be fine...the old version has a plastic mount that has been known to break off and got stuck in the camera when you put too much force to twist it off.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

@diverhank wrote:

@nitnair wrote:

How hard is it to remove?  If you can remove the lens by hand, I wouldn't worry about it.  It's just the manufacturing tolerance.  Personally I like my lens a bit tight.  Some of my lenses fit too loosely on the camera.

Unlike the older non STM, this lens has a metal mount so it should be fine...the old version has a plastic mount that has been known to break off and got stuck in the camera when you put too much force to twist it off.

I have a couple of lenses with a tighter fit than the rest.  Never gave it a second thought.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements