cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dark Vignetting around my photos

llroberts
Apprentice

I have the Canon EOS 4000D and when using the wide angle lens or the telephoto lens, I get this dark vignetting effect.  Can someone tell me why this is happening and how I can stop it from happening?  I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong but I don't know what.

Thank  you.

7 REPLIES 7

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

We will need more info to help determine why you are seeing the vignetting.  It could be as simple as the wrong hood or a filter. What you are shooting and how with what lenses and settings are needed. Plus some samples.

BTW, vignetting is easily fixed in post edit if not too severe.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

What lens is this "wide angle" or "Telephoto"? If these are screw on filters, throw them away.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Sounds like you may be using the screw on adapters that come with some camera kits. They are junk. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Sounds like it might be the lenses.  This happened with both the wide angle and the telephoto lenses.  The lenses are as follows:

Vivtar HD^4 MC AF High definition 2.2X Telephoto Converter

0.43X Wide Angle Converter w/Macro

These came with the camera as purchased and they do screw on.  

Then, my and waddizle's advice applies. Throw them away.

If you want to use them, you will have to live with the vignetting, possibly by cropping.

"Sounds like it might be the lenses."

It is! Smiley Sad  They are total junk and belong in the trash can.  Never, never ever buy any of those camera packages. Especially the ones you see on Amazon. But others offer them too.

EB

"Sounds like it might be the lenses."

Besides being junk optically, depending on which real Canon lens you screw them on, they can damage that lens if you are not careful.

EB
Announcements