cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Lense Options

onfoot418
Apprentice

Good morning,

I am looking to purchase a Mark ii 6d and am debating which lense(s) to buy for it. I would like to shoot standard photos of my newborn as she grows. I will also be using it for my business' product photos. These are taken at close up distances (i.e. golf clubs and golf accessories.) Will anything handle both of these situations without needing two separate lenses? Any recommendations?

Thank you,

Brad

11 REPLIES 11

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Will anything handle both of these situations without needing two separate lenses?"

You can use a smartphone to do what you want.  You can get a single lens to do what you want.  Neither will provide the excellent results that a DSLR is capable of.  You can use a driver to put with but a putter would be so much better. Right?

The biggest reason for using a DSLR is you can use many different accessories exactly suited for the task at hand.  Whether it is a certain lens or a flash or a tripod, etc.  The biggest and foremost advantage is the interchangeable lenses.

What do you want or expect from the camera?  What results?   If I were you doing just what you stated so far, I see two, at least two, lenses.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Brad said,

"I would like to shoot standard photos of my newborn as she grows."

And believe me she will grow up!   Smiley Happy

There will be things, in hers and your life, like the shot I am using for an example below.  I recently got to shoot the KC Corporate Challenge.  These 'girls' are all someone's daughter that grew up.  If you expect work like this, it is why you choose a DSLR over a smartphone or a P&S.  They simply won't get the job done.

This was with my Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Lens on my 1D Mk IV.

_52D5812-Edit.jpg

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements