Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

Re: Canon Lens Wish List ?

85mm 1.4L with IS.

New Contributor

What I like to see is a new "affordable" 400mm prime. F4  (maybe F5.6) with IS. Priced arround $2500 to $3000.

F2
Occasional Contributor

"I love the 85mm II but the slow AF is not always nice. A faster version would be most welcome. Weather sealed would be nice too." <----- fully seconded the slow AF caused me to by my only non canon lens and go with the Sigma 1.4

Replace the horrible 18-200 with a decent set of glass, my wife would probably swoon Smiley Happy

135mm f2 L IS I'd happily pay a large premium for this.

400 F4 non DO at a reasonable price

and if I'm allowed dreamland 24-105 F2.8 L IS at a price that is smaller than the GDP of some countries. 

New Contributor

Future Lens (changes highlighted in red)

EF 135mm f/1.8L USM with 4-stops of IS

EF 400mm f/5.6L USM with 4-stops of IS

Current Lens

EF 600mm f/4L IS II USM

BKA
Occasional Contributor

The ideal lens for me would be the 85 f/1.2L(on a crop body). That's my favorite area of focal length. I would love to have the L lens, but I could settle for the standard 1.8 version currently available. 

I personally don't want the 45 & 90 tse lenses updated, instead I would much rather see a 35mmTSE and a 110mm TSE replace those two lenses.  I photograph a lot of architecture and the way buildings are being designed today I feel a 35mm tse lens would be much more useful for interiors and tight exteriors and increasing the length on the 90mm would be better for abstacting details.  Yes I have the 24mm tse as well as the 1.4 extender.

My other main hope would be a quality lightweight medium zoom in the range of 35mm to 150mm f4  this to me would be a great portrait/video zoom

VIP

For what some of you guys are "wishing" for, I hope you are also wishing for a wheel barrow full of money.

Very large apertures and IS is not going to come cheaply. Smiley Frustrated

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and several lenses!
lez
New Contributor

I would like canon to make a18mm pancake so I could carry it in my pocket on sport shoots incase they want a group shot,lez