cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EF-M 15-45mm Lens Won't Open

Awmcnett
Apprentice

Hi I have a Canon EOS M10 and I cannot get my 15-45mm lense to open. The locking mechanism will move. But the lense won't turn to open. Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Is this lens new to you - in other words, has it worked before or is this your first attempt to use it?

Is the lens new or used?

@Awmcnett wrote:
Hi I have a Canon EOS M10 and I cannot get my 15-45mm lense to open. The locking mechanism will move. But the lense won't turn to open. Any suggestions?

My first reaction is to suggest removing the lens and then re-attaching it, making sure it makes a click as it engages with the body. You may have the lens minutely out of lock with the body..

When unlocking the lens, you must first press the locking latch on the left side and then FULLY extend the lens.  If it is not fully extended it will not work.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Awmcnett
Apprentice
I have the camera since new when I bought in 2016. A few weeks ago I couldn't get it to close. Once I got it to close I couldn't get it to re open. I have tried removing the lense and reattching a few times with no change.

Hmmm. Well, it won't be in warranty any more. It sounds like something has gone wrong with the lens mechanics. Just to be on the sure side, can you attach other lenses to the body without issues?

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements