cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM

JoeDavid
Enthusiast

Anybody know why Canon USA didn't announce the EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM lens like the other Canon units have in other parts of the world?  It would be ridiculous for it to not be made available here...

Currenly using R5 and R7 mostly plus a variety of Canon RF and EF lens...
12 REPLIES 12

Stephen

Hi JoeDavid!

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM lens. We can certainly understand the confusion surrounding this release! Unfortunately, this specific lens will not be sold or serviced by Canon USA. 

We apologize for any inconvience this might have caused, and please let us know if you have any other questions! 

It appears Canon wants the eos m to do poorly in the US by continually offering very limited versions as well as lenses. I agree that this is a very poor move.

That's interesting.  I don't currently own an M.  I have been following the rumors that Canon may introduce a new version that corrects some of the ommissions that have caused poor reception of the current model; i.e., the inclusion of an EVF or at least an optional one, quicker focusing, etc...  If that comes about I'll get one and the EF adapter even if I have to purchase it overseas.  I find it unfortunate that Canon is allowing Canon USA to not support the full EOS M line.

Currenly using R5 and R7 mostly plus a variety of Canon RF and EF lens...

there is a firmware update coming at the end of the month to address some of those issues and make the camera compatible with the new lens. hopefully the firmware update won't just be exclusive to the uk as well. I bought a red one which isn't offered by canon in the US.

I just have to express my disapointment that this lens isn't coming stateside. Oh well, I guess I'll be buying it international....

Just to add some feedback: I just recently purchased the EOS M and I'd really love to have the wide zoom option. Having only two lenses available is yet another reason not to adopt the EOS M system. If that is Canon USA's goal, then this is the right move, but otherwise it's deeply puzzling, and frustrating to your customers.

You know you do have the option of using the "Mount Adapter EF-EOS M"  (about $140).  This allows you to use the rest of the EOS lenses and provides full functionality of those lenses.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

Sorry Canon USA, this is a totally ridiculous answer!

serpicolugnut
Apprentice

Wow. Count me as disappointed as well. I bought the EOS M recently for a trip I'm taking to Japan in October, thinking it would be the perfect small camera for architectural/landscape photos when paired with the EF-M 11-22. What a complete rip that Canon USA won't be offering it. 

With all the EOS-Ms that have been sold in the last few weeks, I think Canon USA is making a huge mistake here. 

Announcements