cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EF 70-210mm F/4.0 Macro Zoom Lens

Shadowcat
Apprentice

Can a Canon EF 70-210mm F/4.0 Macro Zoom Lens previously used on a Canon EOS 630 be used on modern DSLR like the Canon 6D?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

should function the same BUT it may not be as perfect optically as newer lenses. With film you weren't able to enlarge your negatives in the same way you can with a digital file using your monitor to view at 100%. People like doing that but in the real world you won't print that big with great results. 

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

cicopo
Elite

YES. Your lens is an EF mount lens (works on a full frame sensor or 35 mm film body) and the 6D needs EF lenses.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

Will the lens have any limitations on a digital SLR camera like the Canon 6d or will its functions be compromised?

should function the same BUT it may not be as perfect optically as newer lenses. With film you weren't able to enlarge your negatives in the same way you can with a digital file using your monitor to view at 100%. People like doing that but in the real world you won't print that big with great results. 

i have a zoom lens ef 70-210mm 1:4 that ive used on my 35mm and the other day i bought a rebel eos t3 dslr online, i was wondering if i will be able to use my zoom lens on it? (hasnt came in yet) 

georgey, the key here is "EF". If the lens in question is labeled EF, it will bolt up. But the real question, like the observation above, is it a good idea?  Smiley Frustrated 

You are the one to decide that. If the results you get suit your needs than go for it. Smiley Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Shadowcat
Apprentice

I tried this lens on my new Canon 6D and it works fine except that on the Macro setting it labors and has a hard time obtaining focus.  Never could get it to work on Macro and the motor labored.  It worked fine so far on regular focusing.

Announcements