cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM Discontinued?

tadeurdo
Apprentice

Is anyone missing the 70200 f4L IS from canon lens lineup website? There was no reason to be discontinued

5 REPLIES 5

I don't see it either, but B&H apparently still has it.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

I don't see it either.  I also don't see any info on this floating about on the rumor sites.  

A very kind individual recently donated some equipment to my astronomy club -- along with a Canon 60Da, a T1i, and several lenses.  The EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM was one of those lenses.  It's a very nice lens.  

Given the lack of info on the rumor sites and the fact that it's still in stock at the dealers (B&H will usually indicate if a product is "discontinued" but they don't indicate that for this lens) -- I'm guessing it's a website error.

Canon changes their website from time to time and this wouldn't be the first time a product disappeared unintentionally.  They've also had the opposite... where a product accidentally "appeared" before it was announced.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

There is no way Canon would discontinue this lens without a replacement.l  No way!  It is one of their top sellers.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

There is no way Canon would discontinue this lens without a replacement.l  No way!  It is one of their top sellers.

It also appears that they're down to two versions of the 70-200 f/2.8L. Didn't there use to be three or four (I and II in both IS and non-IS)? Or am I imagining things in my old age?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Hi Bob,  They keep old models few time after replacement. Actually I don't remember the last time I saw the three versions together.

Announcements