cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8 II IS Lens on EOS M200

Shawnie
Apprentice

I recently purchased a Canon EOS M200 for streaming and youtube stuff. I really like the camera and has sparked my love for photography back up. So I bought a 50mm f/1.8 lens with a commlite CM-EF-EOS M Adapter for some portraits. But recently I just seen a facebook post of someone in my area selling a Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L II IS Lens in excellent condition that was only used a hand full of times. I'd be able to get this for $7,00 CAD ( around $1,300 USD), but obviously would like to get a good look at it and test it first. I was wondering what kind of advise community could give me if this is something that I should do? From what I've seen a 70-200mm 2.8 lens is not something that would be used with a M200 as much as the other models obviously. But would it still be something that would work ok and have good results? Another camera is always an option down the line. But I'm already getting in pretty deep after the camera and these lenses. I just know how much high praise this lens has and would love to give it a go with what I have. Thanks if you made it this far and I'd love to get some input!

12 REPLIES 12

The 70D and the ef 70-200mm f2.8L are a fine combo.  You will love it.  Enjoy.

Buy a second battery! Smiley Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Two batteries already on the way 🙂

Good. That will keep you and that other guy happy!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements