cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EF 100mm F2.8 L Macro, Parts

ruk_design
Apprentice

Hi, As you can clearly see that my canon 100mm f2.8l macro lens front filter mounting thread is bit damaged, as it was plastic piece, the filter still screws and unscrews easily, but i need the replacement part for this lens, so can anyone help me out where to get one, and any estimated price.?

Thanks.

100mm damage_2.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

amfoto1
Authority

If you call Canon Service Dept., they will sell and ship you the part.

However, it might not be very easy to install adn might require special tools. I really don't know, without seeing an assembly manual and diagrams for the particular lens. You might be better sending the lens in for repair. I've seen more than a few lenses disassembled for repair by inexperienced people end up as paperweights.

Contact info for the closest Canon Service Center can be found at the Canon USA website (I'm assuming your in the U.S.... if not, check your most local Canon website). 

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif., USA
"Walk softly and carry a big lens."
GEAR: 5DII, 7D(x2), 50D(x3), some other cameras, various lenses & accessories
FLICKR & EXPOSUREMANAGER 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

amfoto1
Authority

If you call Canon Service Dept., they will sell and ship you the part.

However, it might not be very easy to install adn might require special tools. I really don't know, without seeing an assembly manual and diagrams for the particular lens. You might be better sending the lens in for repair. I've seen more than a few lenses disassembled for repair by inexperienced people end up as paperweights.

Contact info for the closest Canon Service Center can be found at the Canon USA website (I'm assuming your in the U.S.... if not, check your most local Canon website). 

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif., USA
"Walk softly and carry a big lens."
GEAR: 5DII, 7D(x2), 50D(x3), some other cameras, various lenses & accessories
FLICKR & EXPOSUREMANAGER 

Announcements