cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 70-200mm IS USM II with Canon rebel t2i (550d)

kdmraja
Contributor

Hi,

can some one shed some light on canon 70-200mm IS USm ii with Canon 550d or Rebel T2i.

recently purchased this lens and start clicking... However, i am getting feedback from friends that the pic has little noisy though my ISO is around 200 only.  Any thoughts.  Anything i am doing wrongly? pl help me out...

thank you

best regards

raja k

16 REPLIES 16

Thank you, Peter.  Let me start afresh and post you some RAW. 

best regards,

raja k

BTB, since the RAW file size might be big, how this can be shared?  Pl let me know. thanks.

Peter
Authority
Authority
Filedropper.com

Hey Peter... here you go...

http://www.filedropper.com/img9006

Seems very good. If I take a really really good look I notice som noise in the background. This is normal. To completely remove the noise you can turn off auto lightning optimizer, use the Neutral picture style (with some saturation) and add noise reduction.

Shoot Raw and try DPP out.

Really encouraging, Peter.  thank you for the tips.  

another ignorant question... When i shoot, through the view finder it is really appealing to me with the kind of focus, clarify etc (even in the display as well) but when i see the same in system i am not finding the same perspective.  I dont know why!  I am shooting in raw and take pic with little low EV (believes it will give more room for PP).  All these are composed while i see thru view finder... On the screen of my system, it is giving further reduced exposure, color and all.  

Note:  I have windows 7 and yet to see all those in LR.

Another suggesion needed about the 550d.  Do you suggest, i can live with 550d and 70-200mm combination or need to upgrade my body?  thanks again.

best regards,

raja k 

"Do you suggest, i can live with 550d and 70-200mm combination or need to upgrade my body?"

Although the 70-200mm will work on a T2i, a better body will only make it better.  Are you satisfied with what you are getting or is the T2i not delivering in some way?  IMHO, a Rebel is too light for a heay lens like the EF 70-100mm.  So I wouls prefer a larger, heavier camera.

About your other concern, your Rebel does not have a 100% view finder.  Perhaps that is what you are noticing?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements